Is this too risky? <really hope not..>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everybody. So my upgrade is done. I'm happy with the results. My 125 looks nice<you can see thread on Saltwater reef aquaria forum>. I always loved Powder Brown Tank. In my 90 I had maroon clown, hippo tang, yellow tang, flame angel,midas blenny mandarin goby and strawberry basslet. I knew I can not have Powder in that system. Yesterday I went to LFS and they had Powder Brown. I could not resist and now he is in my QT. I'm still not sure if I did a right thing. What you guys think? I 'm always carefull, quarantine my fishes, never had problem with ick. Yellow and hippo< some say ick magnet as brown, looks great>. I'm worry about yellow chasing brown. On the other hand Powder Brown is twice a size yellow and hippo, wich is good< powder is much less agresive then those too> With every fidding all my fishes get garlic, selcon and zoe. Maybe that is the reason they stay healthy. I love that Powder. Should I give it a shot? I see a lot tanks with diffrent tangs. What will You guys do? Thanks.I will do my best.

I have three tangs in my 125. It took a little time but they are best of friends now. You`ll have a better chance in a 6 foot tank. Hope all works out.

Eventually the powder brown will dominate over the others...time will tell, but all tangs will bicker throughout the day (social status').

I had a powder brown in with a yellow and a yellow belly hippo and had no problems from any of them. The Powder Brown, is less aggressive than the powder blue. I agree with Innovator that time will tell.

Just want to mention that I keep him in QT but like with others i do not put any medication in it like copper or formaline, no hyposalnity either. I do what you guys teach me " if it looks fine don't try fix it". So I just watch him carefully and he looks great.

Technically that is just a holding tank. A QT is meant to medicate. I personally disagree with not medicating, but good luck to you nonetheless :)

Personally I agree Artur. I dont treat for anything unless I know what I`m treating for. When I QT before they go in the tank I just observe first to see if they have anything. Just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom