Is this True?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
CUSTOM SEA LIFE- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS

Effective immediately, Custom Sea Life (CSL) is going out of business. They are closing their doors, not because of bankruptcy or business problems, but due to a personal decision made by the owner.

Through an arrangement with CSL, Champion Lighting will honor all CSL warranties on items purchased by Champion's wholesale, service, public aquarium and retail customers. This warranty will apply to all CSL products purchased in the past and for all current inventory, including refurbished items.

As always, Champion will continue to inventory replacement parts for virtually all CSL products. This includes CSL PC ballasts, metal halide ballasts, fans, sockets, UV's, chillers, and lamps for both the Power Compact and Metal Halide fixtures.

We will continue to distribute and warrantee Velocity pumps.

In the near future we will also be carrying replacement product lines for the PC Moon-Lite, Smart Lite, Power Compact line, Power Coolers, and UV sterilizers under the "Currents USA" brand name. We will continue to carry comparable metal halide hoods, retrofit kits, ballasts, etc.

Be assured that your Custom Sea Life fixtures, hoods, ballasts, chillers, etc. are not orphans. Customers that have purchased or are planning to purchase CSL products will be accommodated by Champion Lighting in every way. Feel free to contact us with parts needs or any concerns with CSL products.

Champion Lighting and Supply Co.
www.championlighting.com
800-673-7822

I thought someone said something about this in another post?

Yep Darin at CaptiveReefs.com mentioned it last night. Someone else also mentioned it and said they called CSL and the person that answered the phone had no idea what they were talking about.

one of my buddies on anouther forum said the same thing, csl had no idea that they were going out of business.

must be prank by some unhappy customer. i've always had great help!

mark

Well, I looked all over their website and could not find a contact number, but I received the same email from Champion lighting. I personally think it is true, but I sent an email off to CSL and am waiting for a response.

I just received my emails back, they are not receiving emails at either their service email or their sales info email.

As for the Custom Sea Life Pumps:

Here is the actual Manufacture's web site:

http://www.lainginc.com/

Click Noryl Pumps on the left side of the page and then chose any of the 140 Watt models (last three on the list). You can imediately tell they are the Custom Sea Life Pumps.

Custom Sea life merely markets these pumps for aquriums. I've spoken to the folks at Laing and they were real helpful. They will sell you parts and may even tell you were else to get the Tn type pumps.

BTW Numbers for CSL are: 760-727-8786, Fax:760-727-8746

Tom

Back
Top Bottom