Is your CPR Bak Pak LOUD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a CPR Bak Pak with my mushroom tank purchase, and fired it up in the 70g. It works fine but man it is sort of loud... a vibrating, buzzing sound. Even if you lift it completely off the frame of the tank a little and suspend it from your hand it is just as loud.

When you disconnect the powerhead from the input tube, the powerhead itself runs nice and quiet in the water, almost silent.

But plug it back into the CPR and here comes the buzz again. Weird. I cannot pin it down.

How come all skimmers can't be as well-behaved as my Remora HOB? :roll:

Anyone else have a loud CPR or have any ideas?

mine was loud. but someone suggested lengthing the air tube to about 2 1-2 to 3 feet and that really did alot to quite it down. It sounds like you might need to secure the powerhead to the input tube tighter or something.

flynn if you get a second, try disconnecting your PH from the input tube and see if your PH is loud by itself. That's what I did and I was quite surprised to find that my PH ran very quietly by itself (underwater of course).

I can press my hand all over this thing but there seems to be nothing "buzzing" that I can dampen.

:?

do you have the RIO 600 pump or the other pump that comes with it? I have the RIO 600 and it seems to run quiet enough.

I'll have to check when I get home. I've gotten used to the "white noise", but it would be cool to have a silent system.

RocketSeason said:
do you have the RIO 600 pump or the other pump that comes with it? I have the RIO 600 and it seems to run quiet enough.

Looks like a rio on there. No markings but it looks like one.

Back
Top Bottom