Issues with tank... not sure what to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to agree with thom. If you have added any water from your LFS chances are it has copper. I would go back to the store to ask them. You haven't changed anything else though? Salt mix, dosing, PWC schedule, lights, anything?

Never seen a unit like that. Keep in mind that I have a 75 gpd and it takes forever to get water out of it. You might want to spend a little more money for a better unit or in the future you will be buying another unit.

Never seen a unit like that. Keep in mind that I have a 75 gpd and it takes forever to get water out of it. You might want to spend a little more money for a better unit or in the future you will be buying another unit.

How long are we talking? My basic water filter takes about 20-25 minutes to fill a 5 gallon jug up. I found another RO unit like that one but it is 75gpd and it also has the DI cartridge as well, the one I posted did not...

ahh I guess I was wrong then, sorry for leading you down the wrong trail. If you can't find a RO/DI unit before you need to do you're next water change, you can always buy RO water which is just as good. Just look for a store that specializes in air/water purification, and they are almost guaranteed to have RO

How long are we talking? My basic water filter takes about 20-25 minutes to fill a 5 gallon jug up. I found another RO unit like that one but it is 75gpd and it also has the DI cartridge as well, the one I posted did not...
My unit takes a couple of hours to make 5 gals. I am adding a 150g upgrade that recyles the water for a faster rate and less waste water. My unit now has a 99% rejection rate.

Yea, the LFS near me sells their RO for $0.75 a gallon. I am just gonna have to shop around for an RO system at a decent price. I love my tank but not willing nor have the money to invest 300+ dollars in a RO system.

question... I am totally unfamiliar with RO systems. When you say it has a high waste/rejection rate, Does this mean it only lets so much water to be filtered then it drains it out? Or it only filters to a certain point? Confused...LMAO!!

ahh I guess I was wrong then, sorry for leading you down the wrong trail. If you can't find a RO/DI unit before you need to do you're next water change, you can always buy RO water which is just as good. Just look for a store that specializes in air/water purification, and they are almost guaranteed to have RO

No worries! It was a definite place to start! Thanks!

RO/DI filters have 3,4,5 some even have 6 stages and then the water goes through and comes out just about pure. there are two lines one is a waste line and the other is your pure line. the waste goes down the drain or into your garden or washing machine. The unit removes clorine, TDS(total disolved Solids and just about anything else and it comes out with 0 TDS. I got my unit from BRS new for under $200 shipped and the unit is well made/
That would be www.bulkreefsupply.com.

Back
Top Bottom