It's a Picasso!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morticus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can any invertibrates survive in the company of a Picasso Triggerfish, Dwarf Lionfish and an Eel (havn't decided which kind yet)?

What about the Dwarf Lionfish, would he take out any shrimp or crabs? Right now I am reconsidering the Trigger and Eel for perhaps some more friendly neighbors.

Picasso's are interesting fish, but very aggressive. No inverts, and few fish will survive with one of those.

At work; we've got one in our tank, and it's attacked hands that try to algae wipe the tanks. So beware with that fish.

Blast! There go all my hopes... my dreams...

Oh well, I guess I'll go for community fish after all. I still want a dwarf lionfish though, how will he do with inverts/community fish that won't fit in his mouth?

I have a picasso, lionfish, fiji puffer, porcupine puffer, tiny little damsel, eel, niger trigger and a hermit crab. All been fine for 6mths.

The lionfish will eat whatever shrimp you add to the tank. crags may be ok, I've never tried it. I do keep snails with my lion and he leaves them alone. And they are pretty docile but like you said, as long as it won't fit in it's mouth.

I've heard many stories of everything going fine for many months, years. Then the trigger goes postal and kills everything in the tank. I wanted one to keep with a porc, but I'd rather lose the picasso than the porc. So, I'm not trying it.

Kim

Back
Top Bottom