I've got one.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
8O Had a snail pushing my green star coral off his rock so I stuck my feedig prong in to push him off, Had a BIG green headed monster come out of the rock after my feeding prong. :cry: Now I may loose my coral, I have to get the manits out of the tank, in doing so I may kill my coral. Is there anyway to get him out of the rock without killing my coral?

Set a trap for him. I used this one to catch mine.
You LFS may have them.
Good luck, took me almost a month to catch mine. At least you were using the prongs and not your hand. 8O

Thats the same trap I have coming in the mail any day to catch my little Mantis.

I tried a fish trap and forget it.

My LFS has a big peacock in a display with Damsels. They keep him well fed with fresh shrimp and he hasnt touched the Damsels... Yet

Good luck catching your Mantis! Nasty SOB's

If and only *if* you can extract the rock without him bailing out, you could fresh water dip the rock coral and all. Or, hyper salinity as used to rid those pesky worms from rock. Either way a good 10 minute fw dip or hyper salinity bath should have just about every invert bailing from the rock. I posted recently a link to someone who stuck his hand in to extract what he thought was a dead mantis, and *pop* one bloody finger tip..He did mention that he believed his pistol shrimps took out the mantis. /shrug dunno, but it may have merit..

Either way a good 10 minute fw dip or hyper salinity bath should have just about every invert bailing from the rock

But the rock is covered with a coral. Won't that kill it?

You can use club soda too, which worked really well for me. Just add some to some mixed saltwater and dip it. You Coraline may die back a tiny bit,but it will come back very fast. but after the dip maksure you soak the rock in regular salt water ,since the Soda will lower you PH.

Back
Top Bottom