I've set up a fishtank spy cam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
thought I'd share this...

I'm going away for a few days and I'm always nervous about my tank. Now I have auto feeder for the fish, my lights are on timers, my skimmer has been modified so if the cup is full it drains into a bucket so really I can walk away for a few days and it takes care of itself but still, I worry.

So today I set up a ustream account and have my laptop webcame pointed at the tank. I've downloaded the ustream app for my iphone and at any point I can open the app and watch whats happening to the tank in live and in person. I can see if the fish are alive, the coral's are opening, the tanks leaking, whatever is happening I can check in as often as I like. Nothing has ever happend and the last time I went away for 4 days my tank looked exactly the same as when I left but still, this is great for peace of mind...:)

That is AWESOME! could i do this with a Mac? I would really like too! What app is it?

Im impressed, thats very cool!

That is AWESOME! could i do this with a Mac? I would really like too! What app is it?

Im impressed, thats very cool!

Yes of course, its an iphone apple app. Just go to the app store and search ustream for the app. If you want to use your laptop just go to ustream.tv and open an account. It took me 5 minutes to do the whole thing. Anything with a webcam will work.

Back
Top Bottom