Iwaki Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chimera

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know if the "white plastic" part of an Iwaki pump can be unbolted and turned around so the outlet pump is in a different position?

md30.jpg

Do you want to just rotate it 90 or 180 degrees? Why not just come out of the pump like normal and then put some bends in the plumbing to accomodate your needs?

looking at the picture it would appear you could rotate the head of the pump. If not, you could always just mount the pump so the head is oriented in the position you want.

I would try contacting the manufacturer. Shoot them an email with the model number you have (or plan to buy) and ask them.

I don't see why you couldn't give it a try, worst case you just screw it back on and use any of the above advice. From the pic it looks like they put all those screws for exactly that purpose.

i want to mount the pump against the side of a bench but need the outlet to pump water straight up (therefore rotate it 90 degrees). the whole purpose of doing this is so I dont need to add elbows (as it reduces flow rate) it has to pump 3 metres up (which it can do easily enough) but want to maintain the highest possible output out through my sea-swirl.

thanks for the comments.

Yeah just tried the other day and the "white" part is completely separate unit (as its magnetic driven) thanks all!!!

Back
Top Bottom