Jbj nano 28 intermediate angler build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking Maybe a nps or a bunch of anemones of all types like rock, Condy, tube, lta, mushrooms and zoos

Yeah thats what I think I will do

Does anyone know if anglerfish will "walk into" the anemones and hurt its self also do I need a protein skimmer and I need to get a heater but what else do I need and what DIY mods can I do to this aquarium

All ideas are welcome and thanks for the help

Ok am I in the wrong place? Y is no one replying...

Here's a pic of the tank today after the stand setup and with live rock and sand

image-1402010324.jpg

image-3900954017.jpg

Wat do u think any thoughts on corals

You really shouldn't add a nem until the tank is mature some. Most say six months. Not sure about the fish and the nem. Also the stock lighting on that is a PC right ? If so you will probably need a better light for the nem to thrive

Sorry. I don't know anything about anglerfish, or I would help out. Hope that someone who can help chimes in!! :)

Beengirl said:
Sorry. I don't know anything about anglerfish, or I would help out. Hope that someone who can help chimes in!! :)

Thought you said angel earlier
My fault
Wartskins are apparently really cool

emerald76 said:
Thought you said angel earlier
My fault
Wartskins are apparently really cool

And just realized you aren't the OP
Botching this thread
Sorry!!

I definitely like the idea of an anemone tank. Those lights should be more than enough. I would wait for your tank to settle in before adding any nems though.

As far as filtration, rather than a skimmer, look into the media baskets that inTank offers. I have one with chaeto in the bottom chamber that is lit with the JBJ magnetic fuge light and it grows ridiculously well! I've tried different skimmers on my cube and can honestly say there doesn't seem to be any benefits to one of these setups. Just stay current with your PWCs each week (4-5 gallons) and you'll be fine. Mine has been at 0 nitrates since I added the chaeto.

Looking forward to this build!

Qube said:
I definitely like the idea of an anemone tank. Those lights should be more than enough. I would wait for your tank to settle in before adding any nems though.

As far as filtration, rather than a skimmer, look into the media baskets that inTank offers. I have one with chaeto in the bottom chamber that is lit with the JBJ magnetic fuge light and it grows ridiculously well! I've tried different skimmers on my cube and can honestly say there doesn't seem to be any benefits to one of these setups. Just stay current with your PWCs each week (4-5 gallons) and you'll be fine. Mine has been at 0 nitrates since I added the chaeto.

Looking forward to this build!

Yea I'm very excited about a nem/angler tank I'll have to look into Intank and the magnetic light

Back
Top Bottom