Jebo Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hodges

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have any experience with these types of lights? And how is the quality?
Thanks

They're great for the price.
They are the same as any of your typical chinese made products.
Not anywhere close to top of the line products, but get the job done for very little expense.
The fans they use are very cheap and get noisy after a very short time so be prepared to replace them with some decent namebrand computer fans if you decide to buy one.
BTW, Jebo is now Odyssea.
I got mine from www.aquatraders.com

i ebay'd one and it got destroyed on the way. it's now sitting on my table waiting the 21 day period required before i can submit my claim. because of this i went and bought a coral life. just holding the two together you can see the difference without even turning them on. the jebo feels like junk, it's way lighter(maybe becuse it has no bulbs?), there are no cooling fans, and only one lfs in all of san diego county carried the 55w lights @ 39.99 each, i paid 70 for the whole thing. i also couldnt find feet ANYWHERE. i'm kinda glad it got smashed ;)

I got the Jebo Odyssea 2x 65w CF setup on ebay..it was like 80 bucks shipped. It's a 24" setup for a 30 gallon tall tank.

Came with 10000k and Actinic bulb for that price.

I love it. As does my tank.

I'm VERY impressed with it. For the price, you can't go wrong. It even comes with 2 LED moonlights!

Has 4 fans in it on either side for cooling, and legs to install it on your tank if you don't use ceiling hang.

Very happy for the money I spent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4374830135

She still has 6 left for sale if you're interested. Alternately check her store for more excellent deals.

http://stores.ebay.com/the-aquarium-store-and-pet

I purchased a 2x96watt CF actinic + 2x175watt MH Odessya fixture from Aquatraders over a year ago. No problems so far. The unit arrived fast ans was packaged well. The quality is okay. They now have upgraded some of there fixtures so I think they are a bit better. For the money they are a good light.

Holy nuts....The Odessya 48" MH fixture is half as much as a coralife.

i am going to have to check these things out.

Thanks

When I was buying my lights I asked on another forum I frequent and heard horror stories of people's Jebo/Odessya li fixtures randomly catching on fire... that was enough to keep me away. Granted, it doesn't happen often, but I talked to three people who had theirs catch on fire. That's way too much of a chance for me.

mazilla said:
because of this i went and bought a coral life. just holding the two together you can see the difference without even turning them on. the jebo feels like junk, it's way lighter(maybe becuse it has no bulbs?)
There's no comparison between a Coralife and an Odyssea.
I have both brands on my different tanks.
The Coralife has a solid metal housing and is top quality (with a top quality pricetag)... the Odyssea is a bargain fixture with a plastic housing.
If money is no option then definitely get a Coralife, otherwise the Odyssea will do the job for half the price.
With aquarium lighting just like anything else, in the end you get what you pay for... :wink:

the only reason i went ahead and got the coralife is i was able to barter for it with a lfs employee. he bought it and never used it. i got it for $100+trade(free to me). at that price i couldnt pass it up.

WOW....this is very helpful. Thanks for all the replies

They may be great, but I have not heard that in all cases (so I'm retrofitting w/ a AH-Supply kit).

Remember you get what you pay for ! And for that matter if your buying it off ebay make sure to check sellers comments for other buyers remarks as you may be stuck with your purchase if it works or not ... and from what i have heard Odessya products are from overseas ... but no one really knows who or how to contact them for warranty work. so you will have to make sure where they come from you can bring them back to if you need repairs.

john0087 said:
Holy nuts....The Odessya 48" MH fixture is half as much as a coralife.

i am going to have to check these things out.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom