jebo lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phantomsk8er5

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was reading my magazine and I saw an ad for jebo lights. They are pretty cheap. And they look pretty good. does anyone know anything about them?

Jebo lights are cheap and actually not bad at all depending on your purpose. The ballasts get a little hotter than I would like to see, but all-in-all they are decent. If you want to run soft corals only then they are just fine. If you wish to hise them in a hood they are even better. And actually get much better if upgrade them with a few modifications. Here are a few pros and cons.
Pros:
-Cheap (PC at NO price)
-Look fairly nice
-Separate switches for actinincs (which are actually 7100K Blue not true 03)
-acrylic bulb cover

Cons:
-Get a little hot
-no end caps on bulbs, they are strait wired with brass connectors. this is why bulb cover is good.
-While having separate switches there is only one plug (no separate timers for 10Ks and Blues)

I would recommend buying endcaps and retrofitting these lights into a hood, but for cheap lighting they aren't bad. I have since upgraded to metal halide and happy I didn't go with a more expensive PC setup as it was an excellent temporary fix untilI got the MH. If you want to upgrade later to halide I suggest you just wait and buy them first. My feeling is that these lights are probably best suited for freshwater planted tanks or soft coral/low light salt.

HTH,
R-

Back
Top Bottom