Jellyfishs in Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua786

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've seen a couple of vids with some people having jellyfishes with their fish... I was wondering, are they easy to keep, is there anyone who have a jellyfish who I can talk to? And does anybody have links or info?

Aqua786 said:
I've seen a couple of vids with some people having jellyfishes with their fish... I was wondering, are they easy to keep, is there anyone who have a jellyfish who I can talk to? And does anybody have links or info?

Im not positive, but i sold a tank and light to a couple who i think did. He is on here, and is called BrentandKitty420

My lfs sells jelly fish, they say there best kept in there own tank. They sell jellyfish ready tanks, they run about $500 tho :/

Gboy66 said:
Im not positive, but i sold a tank and light to a couple who i think did. He is on here, and is called BrentandKitty420

Cheers just PMd him :)

DWilliams said:
My lfs sells jelly fish, they say there best kept in there own tank. They sell jellyfish ready tanks, they run about $500 tho :/

Holy ****! Are you serious :s
The amount of people who had them on YouTube made it look like they were easy to obtain :L

Sniperhank said:
To my knowledge, jelly fish don't do well in tanks with corners due to them getting stock in the corners and can't get themselves out and die.

This is true they need a circular tank.

I heard its more beneficial, but I'm still puzzled on how they actually can get stuck in the corner of a tank lol

They should be constantly moving. usually a circular flow in the tank to keep them suspended. By this i mean circular from top to bottom, not side to side. I think the temperature requirements are a little lower also, but not sure.

The jellyfish I was looking at was called a moon jelly, they can tolerate a wide range of temperatures apparently.

Back
Top Bottom