jumbo oscellaris clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a jumbo oscellaris clownfish (female) in my 75. Immediately started going at it with my flame angel but seem to be doing ok together now. They just stay on opposite sides of my tank now. I don't have an anemone yet. Any suggestions on which ones are best?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bubble tips are probably one of the easier nems. Just because you get a nem doesn't mean the clown will host it though. I have a rbta and 2 clowns and they could care less about it.

When you say jumbo how big is jumbo ? I know sometimes places use the term jumbo when selling the fish , but in reality it don't meet the term correctly ?

For example :
I consider my yellow stripe maroon clown jumbo , she's over 6+ inches in size and about a inch thick body girth and she is still growing now that is jumbo . she has a nem about 10 inch in size and it's just a little small for her.

In the past I did get to see 2 supersize jumbo's in on of the shops I visit , they both were close to 12 inch in size , kind of makes you think ..

when I got mine they were the size of my pinky finger nail , now the female is 6+ and still growing , the male looks like a baby and both are the same age , he is about a inch and a half in size yes tiny .

now you can see why I asked . because I would hate to see you get a nem that is to small for your clown that she will upset , causing it and it hides in cracks in rock work.

a nice bubble tip big enough for her would be a nice choice .
You may want to somehow confine your clown till the nem settles in and gets a good foot hold . as you don't want your clown to mess with it before it seats itself .

I hope you get to enjoy your clowns as I do mine , sometimes they can get under your skin constantly moving things you placed ,

I consider them my kids

this thread can tell you a lot about clowns and there habits enjoy
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f28/profile-clownfish-1966.html

Last edited:
Thanks. It's about 4 inches and pretty plump. Had no idea they get that big. And only have one clown now. How do you think I can confine it? I don't have a quarantine tank or anything.

When you say jumbo how big is jumbo ? I know sometimes places use the term jumbo when selling the fish , but in reality it don't meet the term correctly ?

For example :
I consider my yellow stripe maroon clown jumbo , she's over 6+ inches in size and about a inch thick body girth and she is still growing now that is jumbo . she has a nem about 10 inch in size and it's just a little small for her.

In the past I did get to see 2 supersize jumbo's in on of the shops I visit , they both were close to 12 inch in size , kind of makes you think ..

when I got mine they were the size of my pinky finger nail , now the female is 6+ and still growing , the male looks like a baby and both are the same age , he is about a inch and a half in size yes tiny .

now you can see why I asked . because I would hate to see you get a nem that is to small for your clown that she will upset , causing it and it hides in cracks in rock work.

a nice bubble tip big enough for her would be a nice choice .
You may want to somehow confine your clown till the nem settles in and gets a good foot hold . as you don't want your clown to mess with it before it seats itself .

I hope you get to enjoy your clowns as I do mine , sometimes they can get under your skin constantly moving things you placed ,

I consider them my kids

this thread can tell you a lot about clowns and there habits enjoy
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f28/profile-clownfish-1966.html

I always used light defuse or like everyone calls it egg crate , I find many uses for it with my tanks dividers , tank tops , coral grow out racks this is only a few of the things I find I can use it for but there's always a use if you just think about it I also use it to cage in my heater , as the fish like to get rough with it at times , egg crate and crazy glue , it's like a erector set for fish keepers :D

Last edited:
I have been beaten up by clown fish both in my tank and in the ocean. They tend to be kind of aggressive depending on the circumstances and the species. A 6" clown must pack a pretty good bite!

My clown and flame angel are actually getting along no problem after a few days. :)

Beautiful!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom