Just bought a Hippo Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r6mason

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased a hippo tang and it is doing great. Just wanted to know what should I look out for and how would I go about preventing anything from happening. This tang is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long She has no spots or discoloration on her at all. I do know that these fish are very prone to getting ick among other types of parasites and just want to look out for any thing out of the ordinary. She is eating and like I said acting fine.

Also what are some good things to feed.

TIA
Mason

Feed it Nori, which is seaweed that you can buy from an LFS or some Asian style grocery stores. Put it on a clip and watch your Tang go to town on it. I like to soak mine in Kent's Garlic Extreme on occasion. It seems to help their immune sytems ward off ich.

I had one that loved the seaweed soaked in garlic. Keep an eye on her for the ich like you said. How big is your tank? Good luck with it!!!

also, don't be fooled if yours decides to play dead... I had a friend nearly throw his out lol.

I bought it seaweed but it did not touch it. I have not found the garlic yet. I bought it the small omega one pellets with garlic but were too big so I crushed it up and it ate it plus I have some flakes and it is eating this. I have her in a 100 gal tank

Back
Top Bottom