Just got a new 30 gallon tank! what should i put in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok reread what i said. the Damsel is not afraid of the lion fish. he is extremely nice to all the fish but the larger watchman goby darts around when he gets close. I keep him well fed so he wont eat them. Oh and its not a reef tank btw.

they have but i take extra care of my tank... and i have quite a bit of live rock...

Extra care and alot of live rock doesn't help much. You'll end up starting a ini cycle. As for the lionfish, yeahhhhh as others said, he's gonna end up eating the goby and damsel. Friendly damsels? I need to go to wherever you're getting your fish haha

Lol well my tanks are doing fine so i dont need any more comments on how mazing my lionfish is. him and the goby sit next to eachother now lol. im just wandering what the best thing to feed lionfish is?

I wont harp you on your lionfish anymore tho the others are right. If your going to keep him, kep him WELL fed with meaty foods.

take your time and dont rush into anything. speaking from experience, do what you want the first time, dont settle for anything else. good luck man.

Thanks and this is my second tank lol. i learned ALOT with my 1st and im applying it to this tank now. Appreciate all the help loll and my lion fish is still BA!

Get an algae blenny. Pretty cool fish. Sorta blends into color of lr and blend in. Pretty active cleans tank VERY WELL Cool fish overall. Idk what the lion would do to em -

40 gallon reef - algae blenny , 2 blue damsels , purple fire fish, 2 perc clowns , bout 6 sand sift snails, 3 turbos, bi color shrimp ( another cool thing to hav - he chills under lr, if u hav it aquascapped.), 1 hermit crab, 3 zoo corals , toad stool leather.

OK. Every thing was great and today my small six line wrasse didnt come out of his usual cave for feeding. i later today found him dead behind some live rock..... he had no eyes but looked completely fine other then that... any IDEAS?????????? i feed the lion fish and i thought the wrasse was kind of quick.... idk?

Very sad. The eyes go first as the scavengers get them. The lion fish would have left little doubt if he was involved...the wrasse would be gone. They swallow their prey whole. Usually head first to avoid choking on scales. Something else got to the wrasse.

I have no idea then...... No ammonia no nitrate or nitrite.... 12 hour light cycle and almost 25lb live rock. idk

Im selling lionfish :(.... I want a community tank and hes not as friendly as i like. :/ im looking for some really colorful community fish. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

What do you have in there other than the lionfish? I'm lazy today and didn't read back lol. Do you have or are palnning to have corals?

No corals haha im moving out in a year so im waiting on that. and all i have now is a blue damsel (Hes actually friendly! haha) and a pink and blue spotted watchman goby

Then what about a blenny or some clowns? Royal grammas are nice and colorful too. You could also get pygmy angels too. They are awesome. You have a huge choice since you arent reef. But you can't go crazy, still a small-ish tank. lol

Check out liveaquaria.com they have like every fish and decent descriptions too

I have a mated pair of clownfish in a seperate 30 gallon.... I wonder how they would fair in here

Back
Top Bottom