just put in a mushroom in my tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it should be fine as long as you at least floated it, but I have put coral right in my tank and they all lived. But I have seen shrooms melt when I changed upgraded my lights.

Portabello or toadstool? anyways, even if you had acclimated it would still take a day or so to open fully. Plus it has to get used to the difference in lighting systems . Give it time and it will prob be fine. Maybe put it at the bottom of the tank for a few days then slowly move it up to where you want it to be.

Yah, you really need to read up on acclimation proceedures. Mushrooms are pretty hardy so I would give it a few days to adjust.

I was given a single small shroom. I put it in the tank, and it shrunk down no bigger than the end of your pinky. I lost it at one time. Anyway it went through a bunch of crap, and now it has multiplied to about 20+ and still going. Shrooms are pretty tough IME. :wink:

All my shrooms looked great after a day or two....except when they get too much light :evil:

I used to acclimate all my coral but now just float the bag for 20 minutes then release....haven't lost a coral yet in probably 20 times of doing this.

I have to agree, the LFS I buy most of my livestock from keeps his water parameters almost identical to mine, or should I say mine to his...whatever. I just float and drop. And those mushrooms are so hardy, you can take em out of the tank, cut them up like a pie and drop the mush back in. 2 weeks later you've got 8 shrooms growing, and the stalk is growing back too. I love em.

Exactly like a pizza with a part of the center mouth on each piece. I would go for 4 pieces not eight. You use tissue scissors or an exacto knife. www.garf.org shows how to propagate many different kinds of corals this way.

Back
Top Bottom