Just when you think it's safe to order online...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kreach

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's just been a general understanding for me that any fish from online vendors will most likely be very small juveniles unless otherwise specified. So when we ordered some green chomis from SWF.com, I didn't expect them to be big... but I never would have expected them to be THIS tiny...

The fish is laying on a quarter for reference...

tinychromis.jpg

I have ordered from swf.com several times and have always been happy with the purchase. I am not trying to "explain" your situation, but I have seen chromis that size in many lfs.

There in lies the problem with ordering fish online, you take your chances. In all my online livestock purchases, I have gotten fish and inverts larger than I wanted, I have a small tank, even though I ordered small, go figure!

We have ordered from SWF.com several times before and have always been very happy with our orders. I should have been more clear... I'm not unhappy with the chromis. I just was surprised that it was that small.

I've seen small chromis in our LFS, but I had never seen one that small... my husband and I got a good laugh out of it.

The one in the pic arrived dead, but the others are happy and schooling in our tank... very cute... just tinier than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom