Juvenile clown fish eating habits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

accorddude

Aquarium Advice Regular
So little clown fish like right from the fish store what should they eat and how often and how much? Im woried im over feeding the little guy but im feeding less than the store said to. Im using Frozen Prime Reef food and just 1/4 of a cube. I usually end up using less than that. And he seems to attack it pretty well. I tried some other types of food like the flakes and he dident seem to like it or something.

You are using a good food, just make sure you thaw it and rinse it in RO/DI water prior to putting it in the tank. Don't worry about feeding too little, most people feed too much. How big is the tank, what other livestock is in it and how often are you feeding it?

It is a 10gal tank.
2 Anenomies
1 Urchine
1 Osclaris Clown
1 Snail
1 Crab

I feed the Anenomies once a wk
The clown so far once a day.
And suposidley the other things have been living in this tank for about 3 years now I guess just eating scraps. THe Clown is the only new addition.

What is RO or DI water? I see it says reverse osmosis and Deionization but tell me more.

Two anemones in a 10gal tank is a bit tight, chemical warfare may become an issue.
What is RO or DI water? I see it says reverse osmosis and Deionization but tell me more.
It is water that has been put through a RO/DI filter. Normal tap water contains TDS, heavy metals, chemcials and other impuritites. These, often times, can lead to declining tank conditions. RO/DI filters remove all of these yeilding 99.9% pure clean water.

I guess I will do an update.

I have gotten rid of the two condalacuts and gotten a green bulb tip instead. It seems to be doing very well and seems to be showing signs that it is growing.
My clown fish has shown a lot of growth since we got him. He has also brightened up alot in color I hope thats a good thing.
The urchine seems to have found a home on some live rock.
So has my snail.
Today my crab molted and I cant for the life of me find him now.

Back
Top Bottom