Kalk and B-ionic, everyday or what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I gather a lot of people just routinely use kalkwasser...could B-Ionic 2 part also be used routinely, or only when testing indicates that calcium is low?

I want to get into a routine, but not have to spend so much time constantly testing and varying what I use...especially since there are so many questions about the quality of the tests and so much debate about the importance of various additives.

Does B-Ionic have to be used every day?...What if I just put it in once or twice a week...or with water changes???

If you are doing regular water changes the chem additions would not be necessary depending on the calcerous animal load in the tank.

To best determine the amount and frequency of any addition you should first "map" the rate of depletion for a few weeks or so. It will not be the exact same from week to week but will give you an indication of what the tank uses and needs.

In in large tanks and/or higher use systems, ionic two parts solutions will not really fill the need. If smaller then daily additions in equal parts should work providing the chemistry is balanced at the start. For more demanding systems you can use kalk (to maintain only), dry buffer and CaCl or possibley a reactor.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom