Kalk or 2 part?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donniea1800

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I have a 50 gallon reef tank and I just started using BRS 2 part as my ALK and Calcium were were being depleted and water changes were not keeping up anymore. This is my first week and so far I am dosing 40ML of each. I will test after 3 days to see how my levels are doing.

I am figured out that my tank is losing 1.4DKH and 20PPM Calcium in a 24 hour period. I have also figured my top off to be about 1/2 gallon per day.

My question is do you think that dripping Kalk at night would be able to keep up with my demand? Or should I just stick with the 2 part? Would dripping kalk at night and dosing during the day be beneficial or overkill? I am trying to keep my Calcium at around 430-450 and my DKH at 9-11.

Thanks

Most experienced aquarist use kalkwasser only after parameter is established. It is just to maintain after the calculation. The 2 part dosing is flexible since you can raise each with different proportion.

Back
Top Bottom