Keeping a Lemonpeel angel in a reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uswaunionman329

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey: is any one having luck keeping a lemonpeel angel in their reef tank? What corals do they bother most? Can things be done to keep them from nipping at your corals? Thanks alot!

Maybe you already know this but any centropyge angel is a crap shoot in a reef tank. I have never owned a lemonpeel but I do own a coral beauty. The way she picks at basically everything in the tank, I would never trust her
in a reef.
Your milage may vary.
Oh, I almost forget.....welcome to AA!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

FWIW, the lemon peel and false lemon peel are the most likely pygmy angels to pick at corals. For what ever reason, they are more likely to be a problem in a reef when compared to the rest of the dwarf angels.

From what I understand, any angel likes to pick at clam mantles and polyps for the most part, but each angel has their favorites and that's individual to the fish. Personally, I wouldn't trust a Lemonpeel in a reef.

i had a leamonpeal in my fowlr tank which had 2 starfish. She loved to pick at the starfish, so i had to give her away.

Just my experience (beautiful fish though, big swimmer)

Jim

Back
Top Bottom