Kenya tree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got this new coral from my lfs. Just wondering how fast it will grow with 8 bulb ho t5 fixture on my 46g?

Let us know what you learn. I have a few small frags (3-4") that I've had for a month or so. As far as I can tell, they haven't grown at all. My problem might be related to high Nitrates (appx 25-30ppm). I'm working on a way to lower than and hope that it solves my Coral problem.

Yeah, I'll definitely keep you posted. Not to brag but my water quality is perfect right now:)

Mine seems to like intermediate indirect flow.... i.e. - don't put it right in front of a powerhead. Start at the bottom to acclimate it for a week or two, and then start moving it up a couple/few inches every week until you get it where it's happy (not retracting from too much light). I'm going to guess mid-level.... It should do great with your lights.

Seems like it will thrive under several situations, mine however was under alternating flow, powerheads were on a wave maker.

I acidentally "fragged" them, they spread over two rocks and when I set up my new tank the rippec in half and are still doing well.

So were those pictures I saw in your earlier threads really only 3.5 months apart? The growth is incredible!

I bought a Kenya tree frag that was about 3" tall and in about 3 months it has more than doubled in size and has dropped 2 branches to make new little Kenya trees, so pretty fast grower.

Back
Top Bottom