Kenya Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a Kenya Tree about 6 months ago as my first coral. Seems to have done nicely. It was a small fragment at the time. Fully extended all three "branches" measure about 3 inches. I do noticed it extends further in less turbulent water. At this point should I cut each branch off the plug and glue them to some rubble and place strategically around the tank? Should I just leave them alone?

Thanks,

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450193624.768496.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450193638.885950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just got my first two Kenyas for my tanks a couple of weeks ago, is it normal for them to randomly shrink down to a nub in the middle of the day cycle

ReeferRay87

Mine did for about a month. After that they seemed to settle down and are extended for the majority of the light cycle. Also, as I mentioned below mine doesn't like high flow or when I move it by hand.

They are very hardy and easy to keep. Depends on what you want your tank to look like I guess.

My Kenya finally shrank down and expelled the water in it, now it is starting to re-inflate so hopefully all is well

ReeferRay87

Back
Top Bottom