Kenya tree & leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Di11on

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I had a Kenya tree for about a year now and it's taking over my tank is there any way you can frag Kenya trees? Also my leather has taken over the tank too, again is there anyway you can frag a leather?
Thanks

They are super easy to frag. You can just literally rip a price of and place it on some LR.

But I would cut a price off to be nice to the coral.

Have fun!

Lol cheers is that the same for the leather?

Oh right. For the leathers you can either slice or use the tie method. Where you tie something like a cable tie around the branch and slowly making it tighter everyday until the branch falls off.

Take your frag and put it in a container with some crushed coral or shells and wait until the frag attaches to the CC then you can glue that to whatever you want. You can have your CC in a small container in a low flow area. Since the leather excrete lots of goop when severed its not easy to glue lol. If you can sow then you can sow the frag to whatever you want.

Have fun!

Letting your frag attach to a broken shell is the easiest way to get a base to glue your frag down. Leathers excrete goop when stressed and the goop will shed any glue you use. Which is why the shell is easier.

I use scissors to frag leathers. I rubber band them to rock rubble and they attach in a couple days.
The kenya tree will have to be killed off or it will return. Cutting pieces off and leaving the stumps will only make more. After you cut the piece off, I would use something like kalkwasser paste to kill the stump.

Back
Top Bottom