Killed hair algae now battling redslime help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waterchanges. test for phosphates in your water change water.

possibly use a GFO reactor if you really are struggling

I do water changes every week my levels are 0 apart from nitrates are 1 what reactor should I go for ????

Water changes is what is going to help the most in the long run. The algae is what is eating up the nitrates and phosphates most likely making them low. I found running chemi pure elite really helps. I can tell when it is time to change because I start getting a little algae here and there in my tank.

I need to run a reactor I think but need help choosing one plz help

Yes I have corals they are all good I got jbl test kits cost me £100

Just doing a test now my phosphates untraceable my nitrates are 1 help plzzz

get as much of the slim algae off by hand and remove it from the system and just keep doign water changes, the red slim algae is takign in all the phosphates and nitrates so you are not beign able to detect any. also adding more flow helps also

Should I use a phosphate reactor or nitrate one ????

Plz need advice or is a mecancial filter the way to go???

you need to find the source of your problem. have you tested the water you're using for water changes its possible the source is coming from wherever you're gettign your water from possibly need new RO filters if you're using RO water, if you're using tap water you might want to consider using RO or distiilled

I had the same issue with GHA. Stopped testing for PO4 because it always read low and still algae. Since almost everything that you put in has amounts of phosphates I went with a reactor and just keep it running all the time. A lot of people probably are saying it's a waste, but has worked for me and it's def a safety net.

I use ro already I brought a tds tester to so can check the shops water

As someone who had a long battle with cyano, I can tell you what worked best for me was physical removal of the algae using a siphon combined with increased circulation DON'T scrub it and then siphon as that will likely cause it to spread. Be sure to use only RODI water for you water changes and top offs.

I have never used a reactor, but I have used different media to absorb phosphates. As I understand it, rectors really just direct or force the water through the media. I think there are several people on this board who use the ones made by Bulk Reef Supply.

But if my phosphates are undetectable surely they must be low I gonna buy something Friday to sort it but what's my best thing to buy ????

the algae is sucking up all the PO4 and NO3 from the water, that is what they feed on. cyano also feeds on low oxygen, it will grow if the water isn't aerated enough as it help oxygenate the water.

Back
Top Bottom