Killer snail ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys

I have a 30 gal tank (water params are normal) with live rock. One snail that hitched a ride with the rock. My question is can the snail sting and kill small fish? Ive have some deaths of small Green Chromis lately.Could he be the culprit :) Thanks

The snail will not likely have attack the fish although Conus snails can sting. More likley you have a parasite.

Can you describe the physical appearance of the fish still remaining? How long have you had them and is it possible to post a pic of the snail.

Cheers
Steve

Have you checked your tank for any possible hitch hikers like crabs? I had this problem once, about 6 months ago, and it turned out to be an evil crab. It was nabbing them while they slept.

Thanks JP
It was an evil lil crab.. must have been in latest batch of LR. At least I thinks its him :) Thanks again 1 Kudos for you

We had a snail that killed all of our big turbo snails. It would attach to the back of the turbo's back and we thought they were breeding, no, that was not it, he was eating them!! So I stuck him in our aggressive tank and he's still alive, but I think I may flush before I get anymore new snails, I'm not sure what type he is. The snail is kinda like the turbo, but with a less fancier shell

We had a snail that killed all of our big turbo snails. It would attach to the back of the turbo's back and we thought they were breeding, no, that was not it, he was eating them!! So I stuck him in our aggressive tank and he's still alive, but I think I may flush before I get anymore new snails, I'm not sure what type he is. The snail is kinda like the turbo, but with a less fancier shell

Back
Top Bottom