Knocked on wood too many times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I got home to find what I think is green bubble algae on a frag plug and nowhere else as of yet. And believe me I checked for about an hour. The wife thinks I'm totally insane by now.

I removed the plug, carefully as to not rupture the bubbles. So... What are the chances it's around or maybe just on the plug?

All parameters are good. NitrAtes are .05

Everything else is good. Of you want full readings I can post but I assure you everything is good. Phosphates rad zero on a API and salifert kit.

image-3985094948.jpg

image-2605767755.jpg

I wouldn't stress yet or it will drive you crazy. At least it's the coolest looking algae you can have...lol

You know, I understand that algae eats phos and trates but I have my doubts they need them. I run a pretty clean tank and I do 20% changes a week, without fail. I go through algae outbreaks all the time. I brought in hair a few months ago on some coral. It's been spreading no matter what I do. My phosphates read 0. My nitrates are barely there, under 5 and I still can't get rid of it. We kill ourselves to get rid of this stuff but really, unless you have NO fish how can your phos/nitrate levels be so small they can't sustain algae? Just sayin...lol

It's possible that its no where else. I had some on a plug too, guess it came in on it. I took the plug out and removed them. And that's the only place I've had it. That was a month or more ago. Just keep checking periodically (as if you wouldn't-haha).

It's possible that its no where else. I had some on a plug too, guess it came in on it. I took the plug out and removed them. And that's the only place I've had it. That was a month or more ago. Just keep checking periodically (as if you wouldn't-haha).

Haha you KNOW me so well!! I'll be checking often :)

Hopefully just on the plug.

Same thing happend to me I took the plug out scrapped the bubbles off with exacto knife and rinsed with tank water an put it back haven't seen any bubbles and its been over a few months now. The bubbles are hard bubbles not that easy to pop so scrapping the off outside of tank should be easy enough.

Ok.. I was nervous!! I was imagining the tank being overran by green bubbles lol.

I'd go CRAZY!!

Back
Top Bottom