Late night aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tlro

Aquarium Advice Activist
anyone ever have trouble sleeping and decide to rearrange their live rock at 4am? well I just did last night in a fatigue induced stupor... :/ my corals are not happy with me.

I have no idea why gha grows on that rock. I seems to come and go in cycles. It never grows anywhere else.

Looks good for a 4am scape lol. Seriously though.looks good.

Hey quick question. Ever think of panting your background? Blue would look nice since you have the black sand.

Last edited:
i have once, but not at 4 am, more like obsessing all week and finally doing it

It took me awhile to paint the back of my tank black, but I love it now that I finally did it. My next tank will have black sand and a black background. I dream about how itll make the corals pop.

Looks good for a 4am scape lol. Seriously though.looks good.

Hey quick question. Ever think of panting your background? Blue would look nice since you have the black sand.

I actually have been thinkin about painting it a lot. Just not sure about the best way to do it.

It took me awhile to paint the back of my tank black, but I love it now that I finally did it. My next tank will have black sand and a black background. I dream about how itll make the corals pop.

How did you paint it? I really want to

Paint brush to cut in top and bottom roller for smooth surfaces. Takes around 5 or more coats a quart is plenty I did three tanks and still have some left.make sure paint is dry between coats or you will peel sections of it off a fan helps dry quicker. I used satin finish put roller in plastic bag for it don't dry out between coats. You could tape off top and bottom to avoid paint on frame.

Paint brush to cut in top and bottom roller for smooth surfaces. Takes around 5 or more coats a quart is plenty I did three tanks and still have some left.make sure paint is dry between coats or you will peel sections of it off a fan helps dry quicker. I used satin finish put roller in plastic bag for it don't dry out between coats. You could tape off top and bottom to avoid paint on frame.

^^^^ this.

Don't do what I did, spray can at 3am. Yeah... Ummm... It was bad. Wife wasn't happy

Is there a certain type of paint that works best?

Back
Top Bottom