Lawnmower Blenny question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a good looking Lawnmower Blenny last night. I wasn't sure if I should QT him or not since he's pretty much a grazer and would be more difficult to feed in QT. So, I added him directly to my main after a 1.5 hour acclimation. I am hoping I am ok since I have heard that blennies are very resistant to parasites.

So, am I ok? This is possibly my last addition to the tank and I starting to get concerned that I messed up. Please someone make me feel better!!!

tripper

If you are quarantining your fish, you should have done this one as well. Even though it may not have anything, it could be a carrier for something. Just my two cents...

I guess I'm not the one to help you. Can't help feeling that as your last addition, I'd have QT'd him anyway so as not to mess up all the work and planning so far.
Though they may be more resistant to parasites, they could still carry some if others that shared the LFS tank had issues. You sure it's the blennies that are less prone, or are you thinking gobies?

Good luck.

I qt'ed my lawnmower. I just let nori clip sink to the bottom and he munched on it fine. They tend to be nervous, so a plastic plant is a good idea so he can hide.
Should qt them IMO.

Back
Top Bottom