Lawnmower Blenny (Salarias fasciatus)??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im thinking about getting Jewled Blenny or lawnmower Blenny to eat up some of my green hair algae.

Anyway i've read somewhere that the lawnmower blenny will sometimes nip at clam mantles and sps corals. I dont have any sps, but i do have a gorgeous blue rim T. Derasa clam. It is my pride and joy of the reef and also the most expensive thing in the tank!!

Anyone know if this is true? Anyone have a Lawnmower Blenny and a clam(s)? Can they be a threat to clams?

Thanks for any help!!
-Mike

Im thinking about getting Jewled Blenny or lawnmower Blenny to eat up some of my green hair algae.

Typically they don't. They prefer micro algaes to filimentous algae, cool fish and worthy of putting in your tank, just letting you know.

Anyway i've read somewhere that the lawnmower blenny will sometimes nip at clam mantles and sps corals. I dont have any sps, but i do have a gorgeous blue rim T. Derasa clam. It is my pride and joy of the reef and also the most expensive thing in the tank!!

Anyone know if this is true? Anyone have a Lawnmower Blenny and a clam(s)? Can they be a threat to clams?

I have a red lipped blenny with a T. maxima right now with no issues, I have kept LMBs with clams in the past with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom