Laytex gloves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, but Latex gloves are :p

Yeah they'll be fine.. I use those disposable surgical gloves.. just make sure you only use brand new ones.

Thanks,The lfs doesent carry the aqua gloves. I found these long latex gloves at hardware store for $ 2.18 .

Thanks Dewey

Well i work in a body shop .Im around alot of different chemicals. Im just affraid one of these times i might get something in the tank. Thats why i started using them.

Dewey

I would just be cautious of some gloves are coated with a powder to keep them from sticking together. Does anyone know what this poweder is? Maybe if you rinsed them off under fresh water before you put your hands in the tank you should be ok.

i use nitrile gloves. its a latex alternative, and theres never that obnoxious powder and ime they tend to break or rip less than latex. plus they are great if your allergic to latex, like me :)

IMO you should always wear gloves when you work in the tank. The possibility of introducing something to the tank or yourself isn't worth the risk. I also noticed my skimmer wouldn't skim for an hour or two after I put my hands in the tank.

BillyZ said:
IDoes anyone know what this poweder is?
Usually corn silk (starch) or similar organic powder. They need to be foodsafe.

FWIW, I also use those cheap disposable gloves that sandwhich shops use. They work just as well but can be kinda loose on smaller hands.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom