Leaking CPR BakPak2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbem2004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently bought a CPR BakPak-2 from Dr. Foster and Smiths. As soon as I got the the system up and running, it started to leak from the two pipes attached to the powerheads. Would it be a big deal to just put some aquarium safe sealant around the pipes, or should I return it?

So you're saying the inlet pipe is leaking? I've heard of that piece needing to be tightened sometimes.
I had the same issue on the CPR hang-on fuge I bought. Rather than deal with shipping it back, I just ran a bead of aquarium silicone around the outside (where it was leaking), since my pipes were already very snug/tight.

you may need to tighten the pipes by hand. There should be a large nut and a seal supplied with your skimmer. (if its the big pipe that is)

If its the small one they you may want to run some sealent.

also, cool tip: ditch the air valve and hook up about 3 feet of soft silicone airline tubing. this will work wonders to cut down on the noise!

Check the CPR forums. There was an issue not too long ago where the thickness of some acrylic changed and you need an extra gasket or something between the inlet pipes.

Back
Top Bottom