Leather Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
The LFS has a nice looking leather finger coral for $40 and I am thinking about getting it. i currently have 5 watts/gal. CF lighting, Amonia/nirtite/nitrate at zero, ph is 8.2, SG is 1.021, temp is 80. I already have various mushroom colonies, some yellow and brown polyp colonies, mucho xenia, purple tree gargonia, orange tree sponge and ball sponge, a yellow flower pot coral and some trumpet corals. Would a leather coral be appropriate for my system? How hard are they hard to keep? Any suggestions? Thanks! Lando

Laether corals are pretty easy to keep. I don't think you would have a problem with it in your tank.
I would bump up the sg a little tho, 1.021 seems a little low.

I agree 1.021 is a little low, I like my tank kept at least at 1.023. Leathers are great, if you like it and want it, then go for it before someone else buys it first!
good luck,
Mermaid

What color is the finger leather? Some of the more brightly colored ones may need more intense lighting but for the most part leathers should do well under your lights.

Back
Top Bottom