leather coral dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
My leather coral and pulsing xenias that I just added in my 125 seem to be dying the xenias are not pulsing and the leather coral was a Orange color and it is now grey? I axidently lightly touched it twice while moving it. It's not slimy or anything please help I'm new with coral.. I have 125 lbs of live rock 125 gallon tank fluval fx5 coralife compact florescents 96x4 I just changed the light bulbs before buying the coral and I just got a remora pro skimmer.. nitrates are close to 0 ph is at around 8.2 please help me? By the way the tank has been set up for three years..

Here is a pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110306_002624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110306_002624.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 160
"Just added to the tank"? Give it a few more days, it should open up. I have a leather coral, it is close up for more than 1/2 year and then suddenly it opened up. Leathers are really strong so don't worry. But if it's melting away, now that's any other story.

Well I just noticed its opening up and it seems to be "shedding" its old skin and coming out looking good!:)

Back
Top Bottom