Leather starting to grow out of water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've seen a few tanks on YouTube where corals are literally growing out of the top of the tanks! It's pretty amazing actually, well lately I've noticed my leather growing closer and closer to the water line and now part of it has grown past the line.

What can I do? Is it ok? Looks healthy... I've attached some pictures taken right now.

image-4291009650.jpg

image-1412352316.jpg

It will probably be fine I've seen sps corals that get that way then they start growing wider not taller. It will know and adjust. That's my opinion

It will probably be fine I've seen sps corals that get that way then they start growing wider not taller. It will know and adjust. That's my opinion

From my knowledge sps are sometimes completely out of water at low tide. ( never seen a real reef so I wouldn't know) and leathers grow a lot further down, hence the lower light levels for care in an aquarium. Maybe just make sure it isn't getting burnt and it might be okay.

From my knowledge sps are sometimes completely out of water at low tide. ( never seen a real reef so I wouldn't know) and leathers grow a lot further down, hence the lower light levels for care in an aquarium. Maybe just make sure it isn't getting burnt and it might be okay.

Yea I've some videos and they look really cool!! Only thing is I have I have a lid. The videos I've seen are topless. I'll check and make cure its not getting burned but I think it's ok (for now anyway) I actually like the look just wanna make sure it's gonna be ok...

Thanks for your reply and have a happy and safe new year

Dino

Back
Top Bottom