LED lights for 210 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

6eteeth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am purchasing a 210 gallon from a guy off craigslist. He was using metal halides, which he is including, but then made his own LEDs that I am not interested in. I am looking for suggestions for some LEDs. TaoTronics look decent? What do you guys think?

The tao units are great, unless you get a defective one. I had one less than a week, first the timer went, then an entire bank of leds stopped working. I went though months of crap with the company, only to have to resort to contacting amazon about it, then it was resolved. They are prone to noisy fans also. Much as I hate the company, they make a decent unit, with the occasional defect that they will replace, you Will have a hard time getting a refund though. Depending on height from tank, I think 4 units, they make a 212 watt unit also, it's 400 bucks, but you can fine the exact same for half that price, also on Amazon

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tao units are great, unless you get a defective one. I had one less than a week, first the timer went, then an entire bank of leds stopped working. I went though months of crap with the company, only to have to resort to contacting amazon about it, then it was resolved. They are prone to noisy fans also. Much as I hate the company, they make a decent unit, with the occasional defect that they will replace, you Will have a hard time getting a refund though. Depending on height from tank, I think 4 units, they make a 212 watt unit also, it's 400 bucks, but you can fine the exact same for half that price, also on Amazon

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Reefbreeders value unit is the same thing as the Taos but from an American company with AMAZING customer service, they are about $30 more than the full spectrum Taos though but come with a 2 year full warranty ( not sure on the Taos warranty). They actually replaced a unit of mine 2 months after the warranty expired when the power supply failed mysteriously just so they could get the bad ps back to study what went wrong.

Awesome thank you! What kinds of stands do you hook these too?

Here are some pictures of the canopy with the guys home made LEDS. What would you suggest for either the Taos or Reef Breeders?

2dkl4k9.jpg
[/IMG]

1z5qmh0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom