Led lights for me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TitoBoyz2491

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I am planning on getting Led lights for my 20 gallon long. On aquarium sites and stores they are very expensive. Anyone know any affordable lights, strips, etc or where to find any. I dont have toooo much $ for lights at the moment.

Hello, I am planning on getting Led lights for my 20 gallon long. On aquarium sites and stores they are very expensive. Anyone know any affordable lights, strips, etc or where to find any. I dont have toooo much $ for lights at the moment.
People rave about the Taotronics LED's, i guess they are quite affordable. Check Ebay, I believe they can be found there. I have Ecoxotic panarama pro's and like them but they were not cheap and they dont have nearly the amount of features some of the LEDs out there have, with that being said they work great.

Taotronics or reef breeders both about $180. Get the dimmable ones for a 20 long cus of it being shallow. I'm leaning towards the reef breeders.

I have the taotronics unit and love it. But if I had to do it all again I would go reefbreaders cuz if the full specturm lighting with the green and red leds. But both fixtures are awesome for the price.

Thanks for the replies I am going to check those links out. Another thing, does it matter with watts with leds with coral? Like some easy corals who require light / moderate lighting, will a strip or two do?

no, watts per gallon doesn't really work for LEDs, it is depend on the LED's
1)Spectrum
2)PAR/PUR output
3)lenses
and also the brand of the LED chips using for the fixtures

Does anyone have a link to the reef breeder lights?

Back
Top Bottom