lemonepeel angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sokhamik

Aquarium Advice Activist
lemonpeel angelfishes are so beautiful right??.. there is this pet store i know that sells fish.. they had a brown heniochus in a tank with a lemonpeel angel.. both were about three inches long.. the brown heniochus was dead when i went to check the store out and the lemonpeel angel was picking at the remains of it.. may sound normal to some of you.. but it was a weird experience for me.. just wanted to share...

yep. kind of normal expecially if the store does not remove the fish soon after its died.

although dwarf angles are more of an algae eater than meat eater.

Tell that to all the picked-on LPS out there! :mrgreen:

We've tried a couple Lemonpeels in reefs over the last decade or so ... never never never again (at least not with LPS). 8)

Ya, algae and soft polyp corals.

:)

Luckly my coral beauty has not developed a taste for any of mine. YET

ReefLady said:

Tell that to all the picked-on LPS out there! :mrgreen:

We've tried a couple Lemonpeels in reefs over the last decade or so ... never never never again (at least not with LPS). 8)

You oughta see dwarfs chow down on Xenia. It's like candy to them... :uhoh: :yum:

Cheers
Steve

still doesn't discourage me from ever wanting to get one.. i still think they are really beautiful...

sokhamik said:
still doesn't discourage me from ever wanting to get one.. i still think they are really beautiful...

No worries. It wasn't to dicourage you, just inform you.... :)

Cheers
Steve

I love these fish and was just searching for info on them because my LFS just got one in yesterday and I was gonna go back today and buy it if my searching turned up that it was reef safe, but I guess it is not :cry:

Back
Top Bottom