Lemonpeel angel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonny_raff

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I want a lemonpeel in my 90 gallon reef but I heard they pick on corals. My reef is all soft corals because I like how hardy they are and how much movement they bring to the tank. Will the angel pick at the soft corals or leave it alone? Thanks!

it really depends on the fish ive had one that picked on all my coral and another that didnt if it were me i wouldnt bother once you get him in there if it starts to pick on corals its going to be hell getting him out

don't know much about lemon peels or there habits , but if there any thing like my coral beauty and a flame angel I have in my 90g reef both never touch corals
just have to keep them well fed
I find it's easier to get them habits broke if you start with a young one that don't know any of those habits yet
you could probably do the same with a lemon peel ,but like any thing it's a toss of the dice , worth a shot if your willing to take a chance.
I was told you couldn't keep 2 dwarfs together cause they'll fight , my 2 dwarfs are best of buds swim side by side ,
if you don't try you'll never know

IME you can have multiple dwarf angles in a tank large enough for many escape routes and caves. In a small tank, the aggressor fish can attack the weaker fish continuously.

There is always some inter species aggression, the trick is to make an environment where it doesn't become lethal.

Back
Top Bottom