Lemonpeel Vs, Coral bueaty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cycling is starting tomorrow, I am just planning ahead, what fish would you get.

I have a 20g and it has: a striped goby about an inch and a half long, he's the largest fish I have btw, a two spot blenny, a barnacle blenny and a green clown goby and a yellow clown goby. Most of the fish are perchers or they hang out in the barnacles I have in the tank. The striped blenny is the only fish that actually swims LOL.

You can get gobies, firefish, cardinal fish, blennies, a royal gramma, chromis, clowns theres just so many hehe. :)

If you get a goby you can get one that can pair up with a pistol shrimp.

The symbiosis of the Shrimp and the Goby must be fun to watch! :) Also, i suggest you don't go with aggressive fish like Dottybacks if you are going to get peaceful fish like Gobies.:)

Should I run the filter heater and lights while cycling.

Yes the bacteria will reside on all surfaces including the filter so it's best to run it. Yes on the heater. Lights are the only thing that should be left out because you could expirience an algae bloom because of the nutrients and the lights.

i can still leave the hood (with lights) over the tank, they just have to be off, right

is this order right for putting things in.
crushed coral
water
live rock
dead shrimp

Doing a PWC with only ammonia is a bad idea. The bacteria feed off of ammonia, so by reducing the ammonia, you reduce the food for the bacteria to grow. A pwc is only needed when only nitrates are present. Otherwise you'll stall your cycle.

I suggest you do some homework,, and perhaps read salt water for dummies. Not trying to be rude

Sergie said:
Doing a PWC with only ammonia is a bad idea. The bacteria feed off of ammonia, so by reducing the ammonia, you reduce the food for the bacteria to grow. A pwc is only needed when only nitrates are present. Otherwise you'll stall your cycle.

Your right... My bad for that advice. I thought about it after I wrote it. Been up since 430, time to lay it down... Lol.

Back
Top Bottom