leopard wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cameron meier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a leopard wrasse for 3 days now and he was eating and doing fine but now is nowhere to be found. Does anyone have any ideas?

Probably in the sand bed. Mine hid for about 3 days when I first introduced her. Don't be suprised if you don't see her for a couple days. The biggest issue with leopards is acclimation. If it makes it past about a month they're good from my experience. I've had mine about 3 months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are jumpers! Check your overflows, filter sock, sump or floor behind the tank. I lost a little wrasse for over a month and he was hiding in my overflow box. If you don't have a mesh lid, it's probably jumped somewhere.

That or its in the sand.

That's where they sleep. This is a fish that does terrible with shipping. It's probably stressed out. I've heard stories of them going in the sand for weeks before coming out. They also have really weird sleep schedules when adjusting to new tanks.

Like animal said I'd check the floor too just in case. But my money is its in the sand.

I have checked the floor and he is there thankfully. I bought him from a lfs and he was very healthy. hopefully he comes out soon

Good! Yeah they can have a weird sleep schedule especially if they came from the other side of the world. Got a pic of her?

most wrasses that sleep in the sand go by their internal clock, not our lighting schedules..LOL
I had a coris wrasse that would hit the sand every night around 7:30 regardless of the lighting schedule and would reappear about 1-2 hours after lights on.

Back
Top Bottom