Let me know if I'm going about this the right way...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfisher1139

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got home from work, and discovered my flame angel covered in ich and I am missing a chromis. I immediately filled a 10 gallon with tank water and moved an AC50 I had running on the DT to the 10 gallon. I moved the angel over, and will go to the lfs tommorrow morning for a treatment. All other fish currently appear to be fine, but I will monitor them closely, and if any show signs of ich, they will join the angel in the hospital. I am thinking of just getting some fresh RO water and add a little each day to bring the salinity down, but I am not sure of the exact number I am looking for, so if anyone can help me out with that, thank you in advance.

Search Google for a hyposalinity calculator.

Be mindful that both hypo and copper affect the biological filter. And Flames are sensitive to copper.

Going to give Rid*Ich Plus a shot first. It worked great on my Africans (didn't lose a single fish). And going to give my DT a daily pwc for the next week or so to try and get any lingering parasites out. And before anyone asks, 0 ppm on ammonia and nitrites, nitrates are really high at 40 ppm and ph is low at 8. HT is the same right now, but I will monitor that daily seeing as to the fact that it is bare. Like I said before the filter is an AC50 with just a sponge and 5 mangroves pulled straight from the DT, so I hope it carried over enough biological filtration. If not, then it's daily PWC's for that tank, too.

HE WILL SURVIVE!!!

Back
Top Bottom