Let the plumbing begin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Whelp, this will be the 1st time I'm plumbing my SW tank. Hopefully, this will come off without a hitch ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471104868.025061.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471104879.372757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow-looks like some gear there. How are you intending to do the plumbing? I admire people who do it as it always worries me :)

I keep saying I'm going to hard plumb mine but it's still hoses every where ,
that's over two years ago , don't forget to dry fit all the plumbing before gluing ,
this would help double check how things fit , looking good

I keep saying I'm going to hard plumb mine but it's still hoses every where ,
that's over two years ago , don't forget to dry fit all the plumbing before gluing ,
this would help double check how things fit , looking good

Thanks!! Yeah a friend of mine also suggested that in addition to dry fitting it, that I also mark the pieces with a sharpie so I know EXACTLY how they go back together for optimal effect.

Wow-looks like some gear there. How are you intending to do the plumbing? I admire people who do it as it always worries me :)

Yeah this will be a 1st for me. When I took over my buddies 125 he had already plumbed it, etc.

So I spent sometime researching the sump build and a bit of time researching flow, etc. I've decided to go with a couple of 45s to reduce the slowing of the water ? coming back into the tank.

It'll be a single overflow box on the left with flexible hose. And the 1" pipe on a single return on the right.

Keep us updated! Looking forward to learning how you're going to set it up!

Real life has kept me a bit preoccupied, but I did get to run the main line tonight. I'm hoping I'll be finished tomorrow and filling the tank tomorrow night!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471655176.583199.jpg

I've got one more connection to make and I'll be switching tanks over tomorrow in the am. (Provided my plumbing doesn't leak ?) here are a couple of pics...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471718544.045398.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471718557.408834.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471718569.528772.jpg

Looking nice, see you have a helper in the third pic :) . The water leaking would be my worse nightmare. Seen a few in-line co2 diffusers do that locally.

Ok, I still need to move over the last of my rock, my corals and finally my fish tonight. Then I'll finally get to break out my new led lights. But this is what I've got so far.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471952699.568868.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471952713.152246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom