LFS Freebies: Bad and Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLOODMAN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I purchased a Monti Capricornis from my LFS today and just before I put it in my tank, I noticed a little bubble algae on the underside. :evil: I carefully removed it and rinsed the coral. I hope I now won't have a bubble algae explosion in my tank. That was Freebie #1 (Bad). Freebie #2 I noticed as I was dumping the bag water down the drain. A 1/2 inch pistol shrimp (Good?). A fiesty little bugger that snapped at me as I prodded him with a pencil to see if he was alive. I've read that they are mostly harmless, will he be OK to put in, or will he become a problem later on that I will have to deal with?

Opinions?

I'm pretty sure you can put him in. I hope you have by now anyway. :) Most people who find a pistol as a hitchhiker are pretty happy about it. They're kinda cool. Now you just need a shrimp goby to keep him company. :)

-j

Free coral is good. There are so many other things that worse than bubble algae that you can get. bubble algae aint nothing to worry over at all.

Back
Top Bottom