LFS in eastern Iowa or western Illinois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dicjones

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm taking a vacation off of work here in the couple weeks and wanted a reason to take a road trip. Just wondering if anyone know of any really great LFS in the area. Thanks.

ppphhht.... I am from Cedar Falls IA and none of the LFS's here are too impressive. We have Gram's shooting star pets where the owner was arrested for keeping a bunch of animals in poor condition in her basement, The Emporium where every skanky pet-type animal is crammed into one store and is very expensive, Under The Sea which is closed, Professional Tropicals which is in a scary part of town and has gone out of business and reopened several times, aaaaaaaand Petco. Need I say more.

Tell ya what man if you find anything let me know.. :? LOL

yeah, I have been checking the online yellow pages and have heard of a couple of those...you never know what your gonna get until you get there. Thats to long of a drive for me to be disappointed.

If you are ever in Davenport check out Aquatic Enviroments. It's a group of younger really knowlegable guys and the store is very clean...and thats coming from a neat freak. I was just wanting to check out something else, since I was gonna have the time.

I will do that... man if you like neatness then yes please stay far away from the places I mentioned. Bleagh.

8O hehe

i dont know of any there but i do know of two here in des moines. adams aquatics on 42nd street and iowa pet food and seascapes on 22nd street, which they are in the process of moving 2 doors down from there current location. but i recomened the second place for prices and beauty. they have alot of stuff.have fun on ya vacation.

Back
Top Bottom