LFS Rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of the pet stores near has a nano with 2 small percs. Its not the best store but its nearby and I go in there every once in a while for stuff for my dog. There SW area isn't very good and consists mainly of coral frags.

Theres been a 10Gal nano setup for at least 3months, with 2 percs some anemoni. When I first saw the setup it looked nice, and the clowns were maybe 1/2" each, since then the tanks gone down hill. Its literally full of aptasia, the clowns have grown 1 is over an inch the other a little less, both look healthy.

I'm looking for a pair of percs. The tank and equipment I could use for my mantis. The LR and LS would add to the diversity of my main. My tank is not mature enough to support the anemoni so I'd either let the LFS keep them or find someone to take them. In such a small area I could easily wipe out the aptasia.

The LFS will only sell it as a unit, the price sint bad. Is it too much of a risk to buy it?

I think you have answered your own question... if the price is reasonable, go for it (though I don't as such condone these pet rescues as I am always afraid they will replace the nano with two nanos or kitten with kittens.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom