Liartail Anthias has wierd eating habits.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grapeponey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a liartail anthias, and I feed him brine. Same thing he has been fed at the fish place. He is absolutely beautiful. The funny thing is, when I feed the fish the brine, he will eat it, then spit it out. When I feed my foxface his dried algae, the Anthias will eat it up like candy. He doesn't act strange and doesn't look unhealthy or anything. He just seems to like to eat the algae instead of the brine. Is this ok??

Although a carnivor by nature it will not be a problem if it eats the algae. It's actually good for meat eaters as well. I make sure all my fish get some sort of fiber material. I would however suggest you find an alternate meat source. Brine unless fortified, has no nutritional value to offer a marine animal. Mysis or your own blender mush would be a better alternative. If fish try eating something and continually spit it out, it is most often because it's too large not that they don't like it.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom