light for frag tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm setting frag tank. 30 gal. 36'long 12' deep. My corals grow so fast so I think I will frag them and trade them. It is fun to frag them and watch them grow. I have SPS,LPS,softies.In display I have t5 and MH 150w. What kind of lights you suggest for that tank so they can be happy and grow? Should I buy MH or t5. What kind and where? Please let me know.Thanks.

I have found good success with led but if you don't want to go that way I can tell you a secret all the little businesses around me make a killing. T5s are key they will make corals color come out more and have them fuse to cool colors and such now no guarantee this works for me and all my Lfs but I would do t5s

But what brand and how many bulbs would be good for that tank? Like I sad a lot SPS, LPS and softies. Where is best place to buy. Thanks

Well I say online, but that's just IMO.

As for bulbs, probably 4-6

Tek makes great fixtures, and ones from fishneedit.com are good

Make sure there T5HOs or they won't work... Odysea makes a decent fixture that come with bulbs pretty cheap( got the 60" quad with built in moonlights for 150)

My 55 with the odysea light

Attachments

• image-4175734236.jpg
    image-4175734236.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3565257277.jpg
    image-3565257277.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom