Light requirements for Feather Dusters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. I got'm stuck in the sand, up in the rocks, & under rocks. 6 or 7 of them. All kinds of lighting situations. All doing very well.

Yep. I got'm stuck in the sand

That's something I haven't confronted yet. Do you just place them into holes if the rock or sand or do you attach them in some way? I know that anemones move around, but do these guys move at all?

I kinda wedge them under a rock in the sand. Not the bottom of the rock so the weight of the entire rock bears down on it. Just the part of the rock that starts to angle up that is beneath the sand. Be carfeul of placement like this if you have a pistol shrimp though. The duster/tube worm can end up being part of the shrimp's interior decor.

The tube and worm will not move together. The worm inside will leave the home/tube if something bad happens there or he doesn't like the location. He'll bail and build a new one. Or if not that extreme, he'll blow his top and grow a new one, in the same home/tube.

In other words, they can move, but not with their tube. If their placement is OK, their tube will kinda end up attaching to something.

good comments Ray.

Try to pick a spot, and make that their permanent home. If you move them often, they'll stress out. You'll know they're stressed because they won't come out of their tube, or worse, they'll blow their crown...and you'll have to wait several weeks for them to grow it back before they'll emerge from the tube again. (kinda like a lizard losing its tail)

Back
Top Bottom