lighting ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goinpostal

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just got my lr so i wanted to get a new light (only had sun-glo for fw) so i looked at alot of lights and got power-glo (says ideal for marine life, corals, and inverts) does anyone have a suggestion for lighting i have a 20l tank
when i put the new light in there was a definite difference i saw more colors but i'm not so sure that new light is enough

if ya wanting soft corals ya need at least pc or vho's imo
if ya wanting sps/clams ect than mh are the way to go

The differnt colors you saw was from the different spectirum being output by the bulb. TO get more light you have to replace your NO florecents with something of high output like VHO or T5 or PC or if you really want to make the jump MH.

I agree. You can get some coraline growth on your LR using NO lighting if you have enough of it. You might be able to keep some mushrooms or other extremely low light corals, but I wouldn't look for much in the way of growth from them. What size tank do you have? The depth of the tank and what kind of corals you want to keep will help determine what kind and how much light you'll need.

i have a 20 l tank the light says 18,000 k high intensity lamp i am looking to see growth but there are many lights out there i'm not sure what to get
now mh are very expensive i looked in Dr.fosters book maybe down the line i'll get one but i don't see it happening now

Back
Top Bottom